What else can you do?
Marble Hill Cherries is:
- 10 minutes from Cleland Wildlife Sanctuary http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/clelandwildlife/Home
- On the way to Lobethal Lights (20 minutes) http://www.lightsoflobethal.com.au/
- Two minutes from the Scenic Hotel (good meals and views) http://www.scenichotel.com.au/Home.html
- Six minutes from delicious Greenhill Wines and Cellar door Cafe/Tasting Plate Lunches open Friday – Sunday Call 0419 035 850
- Ten minutes from the Uraidla hotel https://uraidlahotel.com.au/
- Ten minutes from stunning Mt Lofty with a nice Cafe and views over the city
- Five minutes from the top of Morialta Falls (if you want to walk more) and close to a Heysen Trail marker. http://www.southaustraliantrails.com/pdf/40GreatShortWalks.pdf
- Nearby local wineries such as:
- Greenhill Wines 1016 Greenhill rd, Summertown https://greenhillwines.com.au/
- Ashton Hills Vineyard, Tregarthen Rd, Ashton,
- ph. 8390 1243 http://www.adelaidehillswine.com.au/profiles/122/
- Basket Range Wines, http://basketrangewine.com.au/
- Sinclair’s Gully http://www.sinclairsgully.com/
- Morialta Vineyards http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/morialta-vineyards/norton-summit
- Norton Summit Vineyards http://www.nortonsummitvineyards.com/categories/Our-Wines/
- Ten Miles East Vineyards http://www.tenmileseast.com/
The main nearby hotel accommodation is the top end: Mt Lofty House http://www.mtloftyhouse.com.au/
– it’s a very grand, spoil yourself experience 10 minutes away,
or a mix of bed and breakfasts and Air bnb’s.
Choose any BnBs situated in Norton Summit, Ashton, Montecute, Uraidla, Summertown, Basket Range, Forest Range, Stirling, Crafers, Balhannah are all within 10-20 minutes scenic driving.
There is a Youth Hostel – Mt Lofty Cottage YHA is on Summit Rd Crafers.
We are only 12 minutes from Adelaide inner city suburbs such as Kensington, Norwood, Magill, Rostrevor, where there should be more BnBs
or All central city hotels (especially the ones on the eastern side of the city)
We are about 20-25 minutes from the C.B.D but there are no buses direct to our door. The most efficient is to hire a car or minibus for touring around.
or University Residential Colleges
Another idea is to try university student accommodation that may be vacant during December and January. They have heritage buildings in lovely grounds, but more functional bedrooms designed for single students. They are centrally located near inner city parklands, and a walking distance to the city, the cricket grounds, museums as well as the universities.
St Marks College, http://www.stmarkscollege.com.au/functions/residential-conferences/
St Ann’s College http://www.stannscollege.edu.au/
Nearby Shed Door Cherry Sales
If you need more cherries ready picked these orchards may have some :
Wotton’s Greenhill Cherries
Location: 1147 Greenhill Rd, Uraidla
Phone: 08 8390 3021 / 0419 844 220
G & R Bandiera
Location: 97 Old Norton Summit Rd, Norton Summit
Phone: 08 8390 1817
Montacute Valley Orchard
Location: 93 Institute Rd, Montacute (25 minutes from CBD)
Phone: 08 8390 2213